Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Welcome

Well, here goes...my first post! I have finally started a blog. I have been thinking about it for quite a while but never actually got around to it.


I hope to show my thoughts, and dreams of what I might achieve; what I have been doing and what inspires me especially in my patchwork but also in other areas of my life.


I have been quilting since the 1980's and have had many changes of style from country through to the point I'm at now where I absolutely love traditional quilts and only use reproduction fabrics. I don't even look at other fabrics any more. I prefer fabrics from the civil war era but any from the 1800's attract me. I am currently working on many projects including 'Dear Jane' which is very slow going. I decided to piece by hand as the original was done this way. This is only my second quilt I have pieced by hand and I love that it is so precise and can be taken anywhere I go.


I will post photos when I figure out how, as this world of blogging is all new to me.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to blogland!
    can't wait to see some pictures of your quilts
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete